A Doorway to Tranquility
Life can get pretty stressful sometimes. With work, school, civic, and home duties pulling at parents and kids alike it can be difficult to find any time to relax when you finally get a chance to walk through your own Knotty Alder Lighted Exterior Doors.
You might not be able to do anything about your busy schedule, but there are a few things you can do to create a spa experience right behind your own front door. Here are a few tips to turn your door into a doorway to tranquility.
1. Soak Away the Stress
When time is a priority we tend to give up small pleasures. Showers replace baths and we hurry through our personal hygiene routine to get on with our day. But there is a benefit to slowing down, running a hot bath, and taking the time to soak in some lightly scented water. The hot water can help to soothe tired, tense muscles, which can reduce pain and potential stress related injuries. The time you take to soak can also be a great opportunity to reflect on your day, or just float and relax with some gentle music playing.
2. Fill All Your Senses
Spa retreats typically work hard to appeal to all of our five senses: touch, taste, smell, hearing, and sight. To provide this kind of physical relaxation try these tips:
- Burn a scented candle that makes you feel relaxed. Scent can trigger emotion and relaxation faster than anything else can.
- Play music that calms you at a low setting in the background.
- Have a glass of your favorite flavored water or herbal tea. Avoid anything with stimulants, like caffeine, which could undue all the relaxation your trying to get.
- Invest in high quality towels that are soft to the touch, and buy yourself some lotion that smells good and feels good on your skin.
- Add living plants to your home-spa area. Studies have shown that living plants, or even fake plants that look alive, increase feelings of health and well-being in homeowners.
3. Decorate with Natural Elements
Spas put a lot of investment into a space that is as “natural” as it is comfortable. This wood, stone, and earth connection can have a grounding effect on people. It feels solid and safe to most people. If you don’t want to do a complete bathroom or bedroom makeover try adding a wooden bowl full of pretty stones, a planter of bamboo, or a counter-top water fountain to add the sound of running water to your space.
4. Pamper Yourself
Spa experiences feel like a luxury, but when you create a spa space at home it doesn’t have to be something that breaks the bank. Buy a few facial and skin products that smell good and make you feel happy. Get yourself a robe in a color that makes you feel good. Perhaps even get a foot spa or massage pillow for your feet as well.
5. Take Your Time
The most important part of a spa experience is to not rush it. Schedule the time in your calendar if you have to, and let your friends and family know that you’ll be busy at those times. Self-care is some of the most important care we can ever do, it is what rejuvenates and strengthens us to keep doing all the other things that keep us busy most of the time. Give yourself the time you need each week to have a few minutes of peace and relaxation. Your body and your mind will thank you for it.
The post A Doorway to Tranquility appeared first on Krosswood.